Vlado Cingel recounts his story where he needed common table expressions within SQL for a project he was working on and wrote a patch to AREL and ActiveRecord which he submitted to the Rails Core. Since it hasn't been accepted, he's supporting it as a gem.
Vlado explains what Common Table Expressions (CTEs) are, how they work, and where they're used.
- John Epperson
- Luke Stutters
- Valentino Stoll
- Vlado Cingel
- GitHub | vlado/activerecord-cte
- Organising complex SQL queries in Rails
- GitHub: Vlado Cingel ( vlado )
- John- Digital Storm: Custom Gaming Computers & Gaming PCs
- Luke- Pitch Perfect
- Valentino- Ruby Together
- Valentino- Ruby Central
- Valentino- The Ruby VM a speedrun - Penelope Phippen
- Vlado- The Wood Whisperer Guild - Online Woodworking School
- Vlado- Polished Ruby Programming
- Doximity Technology Blog
- Work @ Doximity
- GitHub: Valentino Stoll ( codenamev )
- Twitter: V ( @thecodenamev )
Do you want to level up your career? or go freelance? or start a podcast or youtube channel?
Let Charles Max Wood Help You Achieve Your Dreams
Learn to Become a Top 5% Developer.
Join our community of ambitious and engaged programmers to learn how.
Raygun now offers a modern approach to error and performance monitoring. Start your 14-day free trial now.