Ready to COMMAND your command line? Then listen up! In this episode, the Ruby Rogues sit down with Adam Gordon Bell, a software developer and host of the CoRecursive podcast. The guys discuss the tools that every developer MUST know in 2022, what users of Jekyll and Ruby can expect this year, and why Adam believes that JQ will save you hours from Google and Stack Overflow.
“I remember when I used to chase the “shiny new thing”, but now, I want to find the tools that last.”
- Adam Gordon Bell
In This Episode
The tools that every developer MUST know in 2022
What Adam learned from chasing the “shiny new thing” (and how you can avoid making the same mistake)
What people using Jekyll and Ruby can expect this year (spoiler: Elixir may make an appearance)
Why Adam believes JQ will save programmers from digging through Google and Stack Overflow
The “Grammarly for markdown files” that’ll help you speed up your flow and keep things neat and tidy
- CoRecursive Podcast - The Stories Behind The Code
- The Original Remote Developer With Paul Lutus
- Understanding AWK
- 6 Command Line Tools for Productive Programmers
- An Introduction to JQ
- Adam- GitHub: auchenberg/volkswagen
- Charles- Family Business | Board Game | BoardGameGeek
- Charles- The Expanse
- Charles- Text Charles! (801) 877-3787
- Dave- 6ft Butcher Block
- Dave- Grommet Hole USB Hub
- Luke- The Art of UNIX Programming
- Luke- Having a good chair
- Valentino- mess with dns!
- Valentino- Wizard Zines
- Valentino- Evil Martians
- Valentino- Thanos JS
Do you want to level up your career? or go freelance? or start a podcast or youtube channel?
Let Charles Max Wood Help You Achieve Your Dreams
Learn to Become a Top 5% Developer.
Join our community of ambitious and engaged programmers to learn how.
Doximity's mission is to help Physicians save time to be able to provide better care for patients. They build secure and modern communication workflow and networking tools