The Ruby fiber scheduler is a powerful new feature in Ruby that we brought Wander Hillen along to discuss with us. Ruby fibers are a way of managing threading and concurrency within Ruby.
This episode explains uses that can come from the fiber scheduler and what it offers in doing work outside the main process to increase efficiency.
- Darren Broemmer
- John Epperson
- Luke Stutters
- Wander Hillen
- Ruby 3.0 and the new FiberScheduler interface
- Pre-emptive fiber-based concurrency in MRI Ruby
- Light-weight scheduler for improved concurrency
- Efficient IO with io_uring
- The blog of wjwh - Home
- Darren- AWS App Runner
- John- CarbotAnimations - YouTube
- Luke- Managing Windows windows within mruby Part 2: Creating a window from mruby
- Wander- arduino-copilot: Arduino programming in haskell using the Copilot stream DSL