In this episode, the Ruby Rogues panel discuss the typical day of a developer. Eric, David, and Dave speak about their daily routines as far as preparation, favorite task management tools, workflows, meetings, coding and testing, home life, working remote, commuting, health/mental healthy choices, and scheduling your projects to stay on course.
Importantly, the panel discusses how to handle burnout and keeping up the inspiration to work, and build side businesses. This is a great episode to learn tips and tricks from successful developers and staying the course for further success and longevity in the industry.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- First, how Eric Berry handles day to day
- Preparation for the day
- Clubhouse task management
- Handling burnout!
- Organization with your tasks list
- Recharging or resetting/resting
- Doing what matters to you - Validation
- Second, how Dave Kimura handle day to day
- Healthy choices - eating in or out for lunch
- Working from home after hours
- Scheduling your tasks
- Priority is with the family
- Third, how David handles day to day
- Mediation and clarity
- How much time do you spend learning something new
- What is the ideal day?
- Delivering a product
- No meetings
- Learning something new
- What does a bad day look like
- Production issues
- and much much more.