Charles Max Wood
The Ruby Rouges speak with Fabio Akita, a return guess. Fabio is a blogger at AkitaOnRails.com and is an organizer and speaker at Ruby Dev. Conf. Brazil. Fabio mentions have minor open source projects. Fabio talks revolve around “How do you as a Ruby Developer, dive into new languages,” such as Crystal and Elixir. Fabio will be speaking on the upcoming Ruby Dev Summit.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Should we just all just go to Elixir?
- Problems with choosing and staying with one language?
- Ruby is a ZPE language or 0.8 languages.
- Ruby on Rail was never a full solution.
- Elixir is not a difficult language, object-oriented, and functional.
- Elixir is linked an operating system.
- What drove you to Elixir?
- When new languages come up to replace something you already have…
- Crystal is a getting a stable API in a few months.
- LLVM - Low-Level Virtual Machine, or compiler framework
- Copy and pasting your Ruby code into the Crystal compiler
- Dropbox client running on python
- Using Rabbit MQ
- and much more.
•Just Keep Going…
•Plug Rails Cookies Sessions Store