017 RR What’s Wrong with Ruby?
Podcast: Play in new window
| Download (Duration: 1:06:14 — 91.0MB)
Discussed in this Episode
- Levels or Ruby
- Assignment to something that could be a local variable or a setter method
- Having more than one way to do things
- map vs collect
- and vs &&
- alias method chain
- copy on alias
- when you alias a method, then alias its aliases for consistency
- in some cases ruby is white space sensitive
- ruby’s complex grammar
- How much documentation do we need if we can open the source of our projects?
- Generally takes an architecture change to get better.
- the Ruby Application Archive (RAA)